- Make a commitment you can keep, even if its 5 minutes every day. Consistency is far more important than intensity.
- You must stay with it on daily basis to actualize the holistic experience that it delivers.
- You can start with very short sessions initially, staying for as little as for 3-5 minutes to begin.
- Start with 2-3 minutes at a time and work your way up, you can add a minute each day or even a minute each week.
- Our 21st-century minds easily distracted and we have a disadvantage keeping the mind centered on one thing.
- Let your body determine how you sit.
- If sitting hurts your back than sit on a cushion or a chair or whatever helps you.
- Choose a position that makes you comfortable.
- You should invest in a good meditation cushion to sit on, if you do not have one then a pillow works nicely.
PICK YOUR SPACE:
- It is about using virtuals to experience what is scared.
- Try to be consistent with that same location.
- Select a quiet place and make sure that you will not be disturbed during your meditation.
EXPECT TO THINK:
- Know that your mind will have a lot of thoughts popping in and out.
- So many beginners have a difficult time quieting their minds to meditate, know that this is very normal.
- Take three deep breaths, do this anytime you still find your thoughts distracting.
FOCUS ON BREATHING:
- Start with an intention to focus on the breath, but do not worry too much about the results.
- Start by focusing on the breath deep slow, this kind of breathing slows down one's heart rate puts you in a relaxed state and focuses the mind.
"MEDITATION BENEFITS ON DAILY BASIS"
- Meditation is linked with feeling less stressed, as well as actually lowering the stress hormone cortisol.
- In studies, students who were trained in mindful meditation achieved better grades.
- Meditation can result in brain changes that protect against mental health conditions.
- Meditation helps us to process emotions, even when you are not actively meditating.
- It helps the elderly feel less lonely and reduce genes linked to inflammation.
- Meditation is linked to decreased cigarette, alcohol, and drug abuse.
- We experience less anxiety, as meditation loosens connections to particular neural pathways.
- Meditation is linked to more creativity and new ideas.
- Rapid memory recall improves with daily meditation.
- Some even claim that by meditating daily you can reverse the aging process.
"ESSENTIAL OILS FOR MEDITATION"
Essential oils can enhance the meditation experience, promote relaxation, and encourage spiritual openness. By using essential oils during meditation, you can get the clarity and peace of mind that we all need in these hectic times...
- SANDALWOOD: sandalwood is possibly the best essential oils for meditation. Sandalwood is extremely cleansing and can break up the negative thoughts and stress that cloud your mind if you are experiencing inner noise and a busy mind that is taking away from your ability to focus, relax, and meditate, sandalwood can help clear the chatter.
- CLARY SAGE: it has been used by cultures all over the world for thousands of years to remove negative energies from a space. It can clear the room of any negative energies that can influence and distract the mind from focusing.
- LAVENDER: lavender is an anti-anxiety, antidepressant, and relaxant. Lavender is one of the best essential oils for meditation because its calming properties can put your mind in the right frame of achieving clarity and enlightenment from meditation.
- EUCALYPTUS: meditation requires focusing and controlling your breathing. However, if your airways are blocked or inflamed, you will have difficulty achieving a meditation state. Eucalyptus is an expectorant and can help clear the airways and release chest tightness, enabling you to breathe deeply and steadily.
- NEROLI: neroli is an extremely spiritually transformative essential oil. Used during meditation it can help promote self-love, neroli reduces pain and inflammation, decreases blood pressure in the body.
"The Thing About Meditation Is, You Become More And More You"!!