Basic Facts About Lyme Disease
Lyme Borreliosis, known as Lyme Disease. It is an infectious disease which is caused by a type of bacteria by Ticks bite. Yes! Lyme disease also can be transferred from person to person. Ticks attached to the body for almost 30 to 48 hours then the infected bacteria starts spreading throughout the body.
However, prevention is better than been affected. By wearing full sleeves clothes and pants can actually work like a wonder to save you from the ticking bites. Although ticks can be removed with the help of tweezers also. If you find bloody tick after removing then you may firstly go for a single dosage of doxycycline. This will help you to stop the further growing infection inside the body. Doxycycline will not generally be recommended as far as the growth of infection is uncommon.
Lyme disease is a common infection nowadays. Though, the estimated amount of affected people are about 300,000 per year in the United States. In Europe, there were almost 65,000 people got infected by ticks bite per year. This infection is usually be seen in the weathers of Spring and Summer.
Effective Antibiotics For Lyme Disease
Although, some regular treatment will remain for at least two or three weeks. Long-term antibiotics treatment still not found to be useful in some conditions. Always ask for the help of your consultant for complete medicinal treatment before using some home remedies.
Causes Of Lyme Disease
- Lyme Disease is caused by a bacteria called spirochetal bacteria from the genus Borrelia. Those bacteria are circled by peptidoglycan and flagella near with an outer membrane alike to other Gram-negative bacteria.
- Though, because of their double membrane cover, Borrelia bacteria are usually mistakenly named as Gram-negative bacteria despite the important differences in their cover parts from Gram-negative bacteria.
- Lyme like Borrelia species are collectively known as Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato and present a great deal of genetic variation.
- Three clearly causes of Lyme diseases are:
- A Borrelia burgdorferi
- The Borrelia afzelii
- Borrelia garini
Symptoms Of Lyme Disease
Well, symptoms will definitely be different from person to person. Early symptoms of Lyme disease starts from 3 to 30 days after the person attacked by the tick. Some of the obvious symptoms are mention below:
- EM Rash, which looks like a bull's eye ( you can see it the picture above )
- Muscle pains
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Facial paralysis ( Bell's palsy )
- Heart disorders like abnormal heartbeats
- Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord
- Swelling in different parts of the body
These symptoms can last for months to years after the treatment. This condition is called as Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome ( PTLDS ).
- Sleep disturbance
- Joint aches
- Inability to think/mental confusion
Treatment Of Lyme Disease
- Treatment for almost 14 days is necessary, extended treatment was prescribed before the research.
- Erythema migrans usually shows a better improvement in a few days after the system of proper antibiotic treatment.
- A range of 10-21d for doxycycline
- 14-21d for amoxicillin
- 14-21d for cefuroxime axetil
However, erythema migrans isolated to a similar hysterical illness. In endemic areas, later the tick bites the step happens 1-30 days. Serologic testing is suitable for patients who perform more than 3 weeks after tick illness.
What Is Lyme Carditis?
Patients may feel a light type of a headache, fainting, shortness of breath, heart pulsations, or chest pain. Patients with Lyme Carditis normally have different symptoms of Fever and Body Aches. Although, these patients have extra special symptoms of Lyme Disease like erythema migrans rash.
How Do You Know If You Have Lyme Disease?
This is common after bitten by a tick. Though, it seems not intimate Lyme Disease without proper medicinal treatment. You may get rash for continuously 3 to 30 days after the bitten. However, the infected area may also get red and wide. You may clearly see the affected part then immediately ask a help from your doctor.
Can Lyme Disease Ever Go Away?
Yes, after a proper treatment of antibiotic patients may seem like better. And the symptoms of Lyme disease can go away normally in several months. If the condition is serious and develops into a neurologic problem/complete heart clogged. The patient may get intravenous antibiotics.